Monday, December 07, 2009

Putting My Life Back Together

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I've been busy.
After I made it mostly out of the hell that an improperly implemented rehabilitation loan can bring to your life, I got started on the house. We have a great, very social northwestern neighborhood in West Bremerton- we love it. Even though it's a really small town.
We've painted all but the bathrooms and a dining nook. The work never ends, but we're to the point now that there's just a lot of unfinished projects- not a filthy disgusting house. Most of our things are out of boxes now...but the studio is only just now starting to look like a studio. It's a nice big room with a view of the Olympic Mountains. I got a nice old library desk to go in it, and the floors are a well worn white oak that we waxed and buffed to a shine. We painted the walls a really comfortable bright seafoam/teal sort of color with crisp white trim. Feels good. I quit my second job for tax reasons, and I'm really enjoying having a normal life.
I got a puppy. His name is Frink. He's half brindle french bulldog and half haggard puppy mill pug. And half stupid.
I bought a Korg Nanopad and I'm loving the FPC's ability to quickly make things happen with samples.
I'm still in my writer's block rut, but I'm confident I'll work my way out of it. I am really looking forward to getting the studio space all cleaned up and organized. I'm planning on building a guitar rack on the wall even...pumped!
In the mean time, I'm having a blast going through the record collection and sitting by a fire, while I try not to sweat the writers block that comes from never, ever having any time alone to work on music. Music is, all in all, a pretty trivial thing- you know?

No comments: