Sunday, July 13, 2008

Growing Archive of Anonymous, Strange Stories

Earfl.com has recently launched a website that aims to archive the "juicy secrets" - received by phone, of as many people as they can. I've not yet decided whether I think this is creepy or fascinating, or whether I even like it. But it does have that crucial car accident quality of "you can't look away" to it.
Stories are archived under categories, and participants are typically responding to a prompt something like "tell us something you'd like to forget" or "what is a secret you have been keeping for someone else." I haven't heard anything really graphic yet- but I'm going to go ahead and assume it's out there. The prompts tend to dig pretty deep into "I would never tell anyone this in person" kind of territory.
Since the stories are completely anonymous, you never know who is pulling your leg, but I think most of the stories I heard were believable. If you get a bored moment, you might want to check it out some time.

No comments: