Friday, October 12, 2007

Portland this weekend!

We'll be visiting Portland, OR this weekend. I am so excited, I haven't been on a plane since I was 17. Being able to afford a trip makes me feel like this awful nightmare of my "college years" is finally almost over!
We don't have a bunch of stuff on list to do, except see as much of the city as we can from the Tri-Met. And take a lot of pictures probably.
The weather is supposed to be 50-60 and rainy- like it's supposed to be everyday in the pacific northwest...
I've used google maps to plot our trips around town, because it interfaces well with the Tri-Met website. I have tagged addresses of a bunch of places that might be interested, and sort of planned a trip around the city by getting tri-met directions. It's a HUGELY handy tool when you are exploring a city you know nothing about- it helped me quickly see the proximity of our hotel to all the stuff we were curious about, thus preventing us from spending all day going from one side of the city to the other just to see a few places because we spent all day riding the tram. Not that I don't look forward to riding the Tram... but not all day.
Their mass transit system looks excellent, we aren't even planning on renting a car.
Hope to meet some friends from em411- Vita at 6-ish on Sunday night. BE THERE!

No comments: